Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system. Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It’s also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices. A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB–960GB to give you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other important documents. You can also replace your hard drive or a smaller SSD with a drive big enough to hold all your files.
- Fast start-up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
Features and Benefits
- 10x faster than a HDD — With incredible read/write speeds, the A400 SSD will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
- Rugged — A400 is shock- and vibration-resistant for rugged reliability when used in notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
- Multiple capacities — Available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities, A400 is designed to suit anyone’s needs.
- Ideal for desktops and notebooks — A400 has a 7mm form factor to fit in a wider array of systems. It’s ideal for slimmer notebooks and in systems with limited available space.
- Form Factor: 2.5”
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: 2Ch3
- NAND: TLC
- Baseline Performance:
- Data Transfer (ATTO):
- 120GB — up to 500MB/s read and 320MB/s write
- 240GB — up to 500MB/s read and 350MB/s write
- 480GB — up to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write
- 960GB — up to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write
- Data Transfer (ATTO):
- Power Consumption: 0.195W idle / 0.279W avg / 0.642W (MAX) read / 1.535W (MAX) write
- Storage Temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 41g
- Operating: 2.17G peak (7-800Hz)
- Non-operating: 20G peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Manufacturer’s Warranty/Support: Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 120GB — 40TB
- 240GB — 80TB
- 480GB — 160TB
- 960GB — 300TB